"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Calvary Baptist Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our mission and core values.
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth
- Building an awe of God
- Being a loving church family
- Becoming disciples of Jesus Christ (maturing in our Christ-likeness)
- Christ-centered living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Depending on God in every area of our lives
- Prayer: seeing individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Leading lost people to Christ
- Missions: taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
OUR VALUES IN ACTION
- Growing to care for each other in practical ways
- Worshiping with a blended music style
- Offering Bible studies designed for spiritual growth and building relationships
- Supporting families with Bible-teaching children's & youth ministries
Calvary was founded in the 1940s and has maintained a family feeling among the congregation members. We are a mix of retired people, younger families, empty-nesters and single folks who live mainly in the Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor, Canton, Belleville, and Saline areas.
You may find us working as nurses, teachers, lawyers, engineers, letter carriers, receptionists, retirees, or at-home parents and caregivers. We would love to get to know you as our neighbor.
We do our best to promote loving relationships demonstrating acceptance, forgiveness, and care for others. And we do it with enthusiasm -- enjoying God and one another with fun and laughter!